Home
Berkeley Homes
Ira & Carol Serkes
Pacific Union RE
Berkeley, CA USA
800-887-6668

ira@berkeleyhomes.com

Buyer/Seller Form
Site Map
 HOMES   NEIGHBORHOODS   COMMUNITY   SELLERS   BUYERS   LOANS   RELOCATION   About Us

Monday, August 07, 2006

Family, Photography, and Fun

I had the honor of attending a remembrance for Jack Gelman yesterday. Jack was the official photographer for Sedge Thomson's West Coast Live radio show.... and he attended every show I'd been to.


After each show I'd always made it a point to say hello to Jack & Lucille. Jack was a character of great character. There was something about him which reminded my of my mother Adele, and his amazing spirit and energy greatly inspired me.


Jack loved photography and we always had something to talk about... his monopod (I got one after seeing his), my digital camera, or his zoom lens. I learned that's not all we had in common... Jack was born in Russia (as was my father) and for a time lived on Allerton Avenue in The Bronx... just a few blocks from 2106 Bronx Park East Apt 3D in Pelham Parkway, where I grew up.


Jack died of long life a few weeks ago - he was 93 (that's more than 1/3 more years than I've been around) - his memorial was touching, moving, sad, and joyous.


And the title of this post, "Family, Photography, and Fun".. his family said that was what was important to Jack. What a wonderful way to live your life.


Every once in awhile you run across someone who you simply look up to and admire. Jack was one of those people.


Thank you, Jack, for your inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home