Home
Berkeley Homes
Ira & Carol Serkes
Pacific Union RE
Berkeley, CA USA
800-887-6668

ira@berkeleyhomes.com

Buyer/Seller Form
Site Map
 HOMES   NEIGHBORHOODS   COMMUNITY   SELLERS   BUYERS   LOANS   RELOCATION   About Us

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My Very Cool Niece is running to raise money for cancer research

Here's what Lauren wrote....

In 2001, at the age of 48, my mom, Geri, was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer. With colon resection surgery and six months of chemotherapy my mom bravely conquered the cancer. In the cancer world, cancer patients are considered completely cured after five cancer-free years, so in 2006 my mom celebrated the fifth anniversary since her surgery and was declared completely colon cancer-free.

Unfortunately, just one short year later, in 2007, she received a breast cancer diagnosis. This occurred in October, which coincidentally is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We soon became much more attuned to the exceedingly large number of breast cancer foundations and campaigns to raise money for breast cancer research. When I told my mom that I bought Progresso soup and tic-tacs in a pink container because proceeds went to breast cancer research she did not respond with the enthusiasm that I expected. Instead she simply said, I would rather you donate money to colon cancer foundations. Don't get me wrong, as a breast cancer patient my mom is all for increased funding and research, but she feels that colon cancer foundations are truly underfunded.

If you'd like to contribute, click on this link... and tell Lauren you read about it on Uncle Ira's blog



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home